Transitioning to organic lawn care is a simple process that requires no additional commitment from you other than choosing the right company to work with. With organic lawn care, you won’t have to worry about staying off the lawn after a treatment or keeping your children and pets inside. Over time, you will even save money when comparing the costs of traditional, chemical based lawn care programs. Making the switch has never been easier when you choose BR Green’s purely organic lawn care program to transform your lawn from chemically powered to completely green.
Five Simple Reasons to switch to Organic Lawn Care
1. Going Green is Smart
The green movement is gaining ground every day because it just makes sense to make environmentally sound decisions in everyday life. It’s no secret that air pollution and water contamination are serious problems in the United States. One person can make a difference and thousands of people, working together, can bring real change. Organic lawn care has grown substantially (over 60%) since 2002 and continues steady growth (14-20% per year). Organic lawn care is effective and the numbers do not lie.
2. Organic Lawn Care is Less Expensive
Traditional turf, shrub, and tree fertilizers are chemically based, and derived from petroleum. Continued use of these fertilizers ensures continued dependence on foreign oil and is subject continually growing prices. As petroleum costs increase, chemical fertilizer costs will increase and get passed on to you. Organics are composed of renewable ingredients such as corn gluten, fish, soy, and other naturally occuring, locally obtained materials that cost less.
3. Organic Pesticides are Effective
University studies have shown that organic pest control can be effective in a variety of insect species. These pesticides are effective in removing existing insects and repelling future intruders. An example is natural cedar oil was tested as an effective killer of mosquitoes. Organic pesticides are effective against many other common insects such as grubs, aphids, mites, ants, etc.
4. Organic Weed Control Works
Corn gluten pre-emergent applications have been shown to reduce crabgrass sprouts and prevent new weed growth. While is is not effective against existing grass and weeds, concentrated vinegar kills almost any weed and unwanted grass when applied during warmer months as part of an organic weed control program. As BR Green’s organic lawn care program begins working, the existing lawn will be able to fight off crabgrass and weeds because the blades will be thick and root system will grow deep into the soil.
5. Chemical Fertilizers Pollute
When applying fertilizers to lawn and landscape, only about 40% of the applied nutrients are ever absorbed by the plants and turf. The remaining 60% is either washed away by rain or evaporates into the atmosphere. Evaporated chemicals contribute to air pollution. Fertilizers that are washed away end up in rivers, lakes, ponds, and oceans, causing serious problems to ecosystems.
BR Green’s organic services are designed with the planet in mind. Operating a green company is a small step to helping the planet, but with your help, we can make a difference together. Choose us for your organic lawn care service and we’ll work together in making the planet greener with greener lawns.